Welcome to Boo's Marathon Blog, a diary of my training and fundraising activities leading up to the Marathon. A big thank you to all who have sponsored me so far. Your money will help MENCAP continue to support and enable people with learning difficulties to gain an equal right to choice, opportunity and respect. All advertising revenue from this Blog will be donated to MENCAP.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Start of Marathon Training

This week was the start of 21 weeks of Marathon training. I've run 30 miles and I've just realised the scale of the task ahead. I have to run that in one go. The weight training is fine but it will take me some time to get used to the constant running. It's not the most entertaining form of training that's for sure.

One thing they don't tell you about is sore nipples. Wow do they sting. Vaseline before every run has sorted them out !!!

Bex has been really supportive and cycles along the canal while I'm running, providing a running commentary on speed, distance and time as well as being a mobile drinks dispenser. I'm going to rest tomorrow after a long 8 mile run today and crack on again on Monday.

If you haven't sponsored me yet "Don't be shy"

Sponsor Me

No comments: