Less than 100 days to go
I'm back. For some reason I couldn't get into Blogger until now. Something to do with them upgrading their logins. Sounds like an excuse if you ask me.
Anyway, there is less than 100 days to train for the Marathon and todays half marathon (13.1 miles) training session took me over the 100 miles run in training mark. I've got my first race next Sunday, a 10 miler in St Albans, and it's all very exciting. I received my race number to pin on my vest through the post, no 445, and now it all seems really real. My best time to date for 10 miles is 1:36 which is ok for a 4 hour Marathon (if I can keep it up - no pun intended) but I would like to go faster so will aim for 1:30 on the day.
Todays lesson for 1st time Marathon runners - don't have a big party on Friday night, drink shed loads of booze and then run 13 miles on the Sunday :O)
Today's other lesson for Marathon runners - put Vaseline on your nipples, even if you hate it, because guess what. If you run 13 miles they bleed. Found that out today, nice, and in a white running top :O(
I've just about reached the £1,000 mark for Mencap so need to raise another £600. If you'd like to sponsor me please vist http://www.justgiving.com/scottboo and don't be shy. It all goes to a very worthy cause and Mencap will be able claim the tax you have paid on the amount.
If you've already sponsored me please feel free to sponsor me some more !!
Right Savlon on nipples time - oh yeah.....
2 comments:
I bumped into your blog -- interestingly, I'm training for the Boston Marathon, April 16th. Best of luck and I'll post a link to your blog at http://runningboston.com
Your blog is great looking forward for more running post here.
Post a Comment